I think I've regressed into an anti-blog phase. My blog writing is like a sine wave, alternating between lots of writing, very little writing, and just the right amount of writing. I guess lately I've been thinking a lot (brain's definitely working overtime, sorry for the cliche), having fun with friends, and living in a very messy apartment with a noisy cat (next week I'll have had him for 6 months!). My eyes are doing really well as of today. I'd say the turning point was this morning. Finally I woke up in the morning and my eyes didn't hurt. They hurt a tiny bit in the day, but nothing bad. They are also almost not red at all. I still have to take antibiotic eyedrops for a seemingly endless amount of time. I read on the insert the other day that the eyedrops "probably inhibit healing". I keep joking that my doctor must have Munchausen syndrome by proxy. I love anytime I can fit that illness into a conversation. I think it's one of the most interesting illnesses that exist. Besides that, though, "probably inhibit healing"? Don't you think that on a prescription medication insert they'd know for sure? Oh well. I had an ultimate shit day on Sunday, and Monday was pretty bad as well. But, today was wonderful. Not quite sure why. I was listening to a song today that had a lyric that stuck with me: "We are only one argument from death" - don't know why it stuck with me, but it must mean something somewhere. The song is called "The Sun Also Sets" (Ryan Adams) - I must have listened to it 27 times this afternoon. I have pictures in my mind for everything, and songs are no exception - this one's a mountainous landscape, and as you listen you're going over hundreds of hills and mountains and discovering all kinds of surprises each time you get to the top and look down. A lot of RA songs are like that, I guess, but this one's especially sparkly. For a long time I've wanted to do some kind of art thing about OK Computer because I have extremely vivid pictures about every single song on that. However, I seriously doubt I could get anything out of my brain that was in any way similar to what's inside. Oh well.
I've spent way too much time in my own head lately. I think it probably contributed a lot to my bad mood on Sunday and Monday. It was good to go to work today to focus on something else for once.

1 comment:
I'm glad your eyes are doing better. I think I'll have a blog marathon coming up to write all about my road trip and my apartment. Unless I fizzle out and die fairly early on, which I guess is a very real possibility. I am only one argument away from blogger death.
I heard that Ryan Adams is an asshole. Is this true? (since I know you've met him and know his true personality)
Post a Comment