Last week sucked. Here's what happened.
1. On Saturday I had the most painful ultrasound possible. It was "internal". I put that in quotes for extra emphasis. The ultrasound technician (that doesn't look like the right spelling) didn't seem to understand that internal things hurt too when pressed upon/poked.
2. Later that day they called and said I have Polycycstic Ovary Syndrome. Fine. I was upset and cried, but it didn't seem that bad.
3. On Sunday, I went to Target and when I came back 1 hour later there was 2 inches of water in my apartment.
4. I had a comedy fall in the kitchen while inspecting water damage. Later, a giant bruise and swell appeared on my knee.
5. On Wednesday I had to get up really early and go to the doctor. There they prescribed hormone pills which I have to take forever.
6. On Thursday I had to pay an $800 bill to Fairview.
7. On Friday I got a letter that says I have diabetes.
8. Also all week I was worthless at work because I am so worried. My boss is starting to get annoyed.
I am freaking out about this diabetes thing. The PCOS is basically ok, because for now it's just a pill, but diabetes scares me. I always assumed I would get it, since it runs in both sides of my family, but I didn't think it would be when I was 27. The doctor said that PCOS people are at very high risk for diabetes, so that's why I had a test. That combined with family history = blood sugar disorder!
It's really strange what things like this do to your mind. I am in shock. I don't really know what to think or do or talk about at the moment which is why I am just not really talking about it to people. I am just really mixed up. I miss the roommates because they are my best friends. I miss Nate because he makes me feel safe. I miss my parents because they always know what to do. I miss my sisters because they understand me.
It's just really weird and in a matter of days I have a completely different view of the world. Well, I guess it happens. At least I still have a job, even if I am crap at it at the moment and can't stand half the people, and I have a comfortable home with a good kitty.

5 comments:
Boo crappy week. :P
It sounds as though you had a lot to take in recently. I hope you're finding ways to deal with it! Maybe even the fact that you just blogged about it a bit will help you think it through.
Does your boss know you're having health issues? I'd hope that he (or she...I can't remember who your boss is right now) would be somewhat understanding about your performance given your current circumstances.
Well I'm sending hugs your way...hope things go a bit better this week!
I miss you, too!
Yeah, that sounds like a giant piece of crod week.
:(
I am so sorry Liz.
I miss us all being together too.
-B
We all LOVE you and will do $[{;[ANYTHING.]]&* to help you out.].
I'm hoping that sentence came over as serious but funny, at least to you, Liz, and maybe one other weirdo. Emily.
If you want to talk about having diabetes, you can talk to me, but if you don't, though, I won't pry. Unless you want me to just come out there and be open, asking questions, which is what I usually do. Maybe that's best. Whatever. God, I sound crazy in the head right now, but I swear I'm not. Just tired, or is it tierd? Tired.
Hope that knee is healing. Hope an alternate dose time will help keep the stomach strong. Hope Chelsea is funny.
Talk about rapid response from people...have you got followers or what?!?!
Post a Comment