
Today Emily went with me to the Humane Society (because I was nervous) to start the adoption process of a cat. Here's the kitty!!!!!!!! I get to pick him up on Tuesday! He looks kind of scruffy there, but he is gorgeous. :) When we saw each other, it was love at first sight.
I hope it doesn't seem impulsive - in reality, I've been thinking about it for 2 years or something. You may remember a while back when I actually bought food, a litter box, and litter, and was very nearly going to adopt a cat that was in St. Paul. So to me, it wasn't really that impulsive. Emily offered to go with me and I thought to myself that I'd never, ever do it unless someone was with me, and in general I just felt very good about it and had an insight that it was "right". Just in case you wondered. :)

2 comments:
Liz, you didn't mention that his name is Tim. At least now. If you decide to name him something different, you should keep Tim as a nickname. Because it's hilarious.
There was a ginormous cat there that weighed 28 pounds. TWENTY-EIGHT POUNDS!!! It was the biggest cat I've ever seen aside from a puma, or something. Tubbaroni. I think a quarter of the cats there were on a "weight reducing diet." Which I thought was a little weird. Hey, does Tim require paper litter, or was he fine with normal litter?
He just doesn't seem very Tim-like. I have a name in mind and I'm going to try it out for a while. It seems like it'll be perfect but I'll wait and see. Normal litter was ok.
Post a Comment