Wednesday, June 04, 2008
I'm awesome
My mom's cat has terrible behavior. There are a million things we need to work on, but one of my least favorites is his jumping on the counter. Not ok. So I thought of an idea to place empty cans on the edge of the counter. That way he won't associate it with me, he'll just think the counter is noisy and scary. I'm a genius! I've also been separating the two of them because the new cat is kind of mean to Daniel and I don't want Daniel to be nervous in his own house. But I went out for a half hour today and left them together and lo, two cans were off the counter when I got back!! Caught red-handed! I also sprayed some citrus smelling stuff there. Apparently cats don't like that. Nancy also said they don't like to step on tinfoil. So, soon my counter may be a tinfoil orange with cans on it. :D This cat is ridiculous though. I have never appreciated Daniel more. The only bad thing Daniel does is accidentally claw me because he doesn't understand his claws. It's hard to train cats, especially since you never know when they are going to do something, and also because their "bad" things are less people-oriented than with dogs. A bad behavior for a dog is usually something involving a person or something loud. Who knows when a cat feels like jumping on something or if they're even doing it right now? And they forget 1 second later, so it's no good if you notice too late. That's another good thing about the cans, it alerts me so I can rush over. Anyway...I'm off to clean more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm envisioning your kitchen as a very clean (due to citrus smell), stereotypical futuristic (use of tinfoil) kitchen. It's making me laugh.
You need to build a robot out of the cans. Perhaps in the shape of a scarecrow, to keep the cat away. What are cats afraid of? You could design your own scarecat.
Then you need to obtain a pill that microwaves into a pizza, like on Back to the Future.
what's your mom's cat's name? wow. that sentence had a lot of apostrophes.
yep it's funny looking. cats are afraid of loud noises, especially thunder (in daniel's case). most also are afraid of the car and places they haven't been before. his name is Teddy.
as far as what they don't like (but aren't afraid of) - stuff on their paws, weird walking surfaces (noisy or weird texture), citrus scents
most cats like catnip so i'm trying to use that to lure teddy to stuff like a scratching post. daniel does not like catnip. i've tried it a million times.
so your mom has a dog and a cat? how do they get along?
Post a Comment