Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Idiots!

I was driving up Cleveland today and experience the worst run of traffic in a while. Actually it wasn't just that road. Several times today people just walked across the road wherever they were, not even looking. Ok, that's fine in a crosswalk. But these weren't. I think that pedestrians generally forget what it's like to be a driver. It happens to me occasionally too, I'll admit.
 
I submit that people forget what it's like being a driver the second they turn off their car. This follows from the 2 near-doorings that I was a part of on Cleveland. Not one but two people drove to the side and just got out of the car (door open wide). Without looking. One was right after a busy and chaotic intersection so that was really close. It's like, I think most people just notice themselves, when they don't realize that it might be hard to see them. I'm aware when I'm trying to cross a street, but the cars aren't necessarily, especially if it's dark.
 
Another issue. Changing lanes in an intersection. Don't do it. Weaving in and out of lanes to avoid people turning left. Turning in front of me really quickly, causing me to brake suddenly, when there is nobody behind me. Not using turn signals. Tailgating. All these things cause ire.
 
Turn signal omission is something that drives me up the wall. I HATE it. Rage from incidents of turn signal non-usage stay with me for a while afterwards. It's one thing in a parking lot or something, but in regular driving it's just idiotic. It causes me to sit there like a moron waiting when I don't need to, or it just makes the other person look like a lazy jerk. Ahhh, nonchalantly wandering over to this lane now. Now I'm just gonna go over here. Ugh.
 
The KARE 11 newscasters were just having a really dumb conversation. It sounded like they were trying to stall. Anyway...I think I'm getting a cold. :( My sinuses have the pre-sickness ache.
 
No way. I just saw a guy talking about the economy and his nametag said "Mr. Crapo". No way!! Is it just me or does Henry Paulson look and act like a wrestler?

2 comments:

Emily said...

I at first read this as, "I was driving up TO Cleveland today..." I was all, "Wha???? Why in the hell is Liz going to Cleveland??"

Hehe.

I drive my car like twice a week, so I get to avoid traffic annoyances. But I do get to wait at windy cold bus stops!

Sarah said...

I read the same way. What? Is there a Cleveland in Minnesota that I don't know about??