Have you guys tried out the Google Chrome browser? I'm using it right now. Love it. My favorite thing so far is that you can search from the address bar. And you can make it be something else than a google search. I wonder if it would wiki something. I know that on Firefox you can set up prefixes, like "wiki something" would search wikipedia for that. Can't wait to try it out. This browser seems fast too, and I like how the tabs are....but, I'm not a tab user because I like seeing the titles all in the task bar. I'm a super window user, for sure. At work sometimes I have 20 open. And I have to open them in a specific order, and, I hate when they collapse. Anyway, try this out or at least read about it - seems cool so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm curious about Google Chrome. Is the searching from the address bar the best thing about it so far? How else is it different from Firefox?
I love tabs.
Good: It has a cool home page which displays little pictures of your history. Right now mine has my website on there. It has an Incognito option too which means you can browse without creating cookies or history records.
Bad: It doesn't have a history dropdown from the address bar. That is the one thing I use most in a browser so I don't think I'll be using Chrome.
Otherwise it seems pretty similar to other browsers besides a few UI differences. It has a lot fewer options/preferences than IE.
Post a Comment