I just found out that one of my forms has been broken for I don't even know how long. On my website. I wrote a new form a long time ago and originally I thought I had a backup system for it, but I am not sure now (well obviously it's not there now, if it ever was). This is a bummer.. Also at one point my password mysteriously expired and made my site not work (I have to put the password in one of the scripts). I noticed not long after that, but I wonder if that's what the problem is here. Probably there is some other script I forgot to update. I try to keep that all in one so things like this don't happen, but there is one directory I had to password protect and I think that this email thing uses a file in there. It's really interesting how quickly I forget this stuff. I coded all of it but I have no recollection about how it works. Every time I have to update something it's like I'm relearning my screwed up and backward coding techniques.
Anyway, I was looking at it because a job I applied for asked for some web development examples. I was going to give the URL to my content management system and that's when I realized it doesn't work suddenly. Now I don't know whether I should a) give the URL and say it's kind of not working, b) Fake a record and just hope it kind of works and not say anything, c) not give the URL. I think I'll probably choose b. Especially if the problem really is just adding the password somewhere - in that case I can fix that quick. Crod! That wasn't it. WTF? I guess I'll look at it tomorrow. What a bummer.

No comments:
Post a Comment