Insanely, this particular one uses captchas to help digitize books. Since I used to work at a place that did that, I was intrigued. And Emily, you might be as well. Somebody did a calculatioin and noticed that a huge number of hours was spent every day typing in words on websites. So they thought about how they could put that to use, and decided that they could use words that OCR can't recognize. Great, huh? However, if you're like me, then you might wonder how the website can verify that you put in the right words, if the computer doesn't know them. Answer: they use one control word and one unknown word! Genius!!! I am so impressed. I am for sure using this one. Even better, they have a PHP library that I can install for easy integration to my website. Perfect. This makes me so happy.
If any of y'all want to see the new website, I have it on staging but it doesn't work that well at the mo. This page works the best: http://staging.easytoplease.net/tour2.php?page=all I took off a lot of stuff because I'm just tired of maintaining a lot of stuff that is outdated and not really that useful anymore and way more trouble to have than not.

No comments:
Post a Comment