Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sarah and Emily's visit to the Cities

For those of you who aren't privileged enough to be from the great state of 10,000 lakes, "the cities" refers to the Twin Cities. Sarah and Emily came up last weekend and spent two days here. We had a picnic at Como Park which was extremely cold, and there was a bee trying to eat my chicken. Then, we went to the zoo and conservatory, pictures of which will follow.

Later, we went to a show of one of Emily's fav. bands called Storyhill, aka Chris and Johnny (or is it Jonny?) They were good. I was thinking, it's not often you see a band with two male singers. Or maybe it is often. I don't know. Then, Sarah gave a "homeless" guy 15 cents.

The next day we went to the Renaissance Festival. It was enjoyable for the most part. For me fairs are difficult things. We did see the most boring joust ever to be staged. The Dewdrop jugglers were pretty good. I liked some of the stores. Sarah really liked the basket store right inside the entrance. :)

Here are some pictures from the zoo and conservatory, which is apparently the only place I took my camera out all weekend. I'm really happy with how these turned out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There is a child orangutan inside the pool thing!!! HAHA!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We were all fascinated with this guy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This guy was strutting around like he was in a fashion show. He was wagging his head around and everything. It was so hysterical. Emily and I really got a kick out of this one.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, I totally forgot about the homeless guy! Go me. Nice pics. I especially like the one of the ostrich!

Emily said...

Man, I laughed a lot reading this. Specifically:

1) Sarah and the "homeless guy."
2) Sarah and the basket store at the Ren Fest
3)Polar bear on the catwalk
4)For whatever reason the flower labeled "Julia Child" struck me as really funny again.