Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Prayer per day

I have been trying to figure out the best way to propagate this information, and I guess this is the best way.

My sister was at my grandparents' house yesterday, and she was on their computer. They have Vista and one of their widgets that I put on when I was fixing up their computer is a prayer per day thing or something, because I knew it would gain me good granddaughter points with them, since most God things do. So my sister sent me the one from yesterday:

Lord, anoint Pat Robertson with Your wisdom and guidance this year.

Hahahahahahaha!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hehe! (I never write hehe to indicate laughing...I think because I read it as "heehee" and not "heh heh")

I got an email forward from my friend's mom this morning. I knew it'd be a gem, since they always are. This one was entitled, "Who is Barrack Obama?" First tip-off that it'd be lame-o was the fact that they spelled his name wrong. Well, I don't know who Barrack Obama is...but I DO know who Barack Obama is...

ANYWAY...it was all about how he's apparently super MUSLIM (every time that word was written it was in all caps) and was raised by a MUSLIM father and an athiest [sic] mother and only joined a Christian church to further himself in politics ("since everyone knows you need to be Christian to get far in politics"...God, that's a sad statement on its own). And how he won't say the Pledge of Allegiance and actually turns his back to the American flag and "slouches" during it (seriously, that's what it said). And how this is the militant Islamic plan to get control of our country and destroy it from within.

OMG. I can't believe people sometimes. The real threat is Hillary. I'm glad I'm a woman, because if she's elected then all men will be summarily shot and killed. It's the feminist plan to destroy MANkind in the US.

Candy said...

Haha! You know what'd be great? If the prayer just got on the case of some evangelist every day...

"Dear Lord, please let Ted Haggard see that he is a hypocrite for bashing homosexuality and then engaging in sexual activity with a male prostitute. Amen."

Hahahaha...the person who programs one of those widgets should win a medal.

Over New Year's Eve, I got a text message from a guy I used to work with at APTS. I opened it, thinking that it'd be just him saying Happy New Year or something, but it wound up being this big picture of Jesus and all this crap about it being good luck and how I needed to forward it on to other people. Yeck! THEN, a few days later, I got another Jesus text from him. Hell, if he sends me one more text like that, I am sending him an angry text back. The Jesus messages earn no brownie points with me. Is it an option to block texts from people? Because if this goes on, I'm tempted to...

Emily said...

But Candy, Jesus is our Lord and Saviour. Without Him, we are all lost. ;)

Good idea on the widget-ma-bob...you should get on developing that. Hey, you have the husband at the patent office (as if that has anything to do with anything).