Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't understand how a few hundred bucks a person is going to stimulate the economy. Everyone is going to buy a bunch of junk made in other countries, right?
Woohoo! I'm getting $800! Now the housing crisis is solved!
It really seems like an act of desperation by Congress to me.
I'm sure Jake and I will get money. I think we qualify because we're a couple. If Jake's salary was looked at individually, I don't think he'd get anything. The whole thing makes me feel oddly guilty, because it's not as if we're in need of the money. I feel like it should go more towards people/programs that really need it. I don't need to go and buy more shit. We'll probably just end up saving it, because there is nothing we need. And that is really not going to stimulate anything, you know?
How, how can I be a good American? Ugh...I'm a bad person because I don't know what it is I'm supposed to be buying with the money.
I definitely, definitely need it, and I'll most likely use it to help pay rent whatever month I get it. I don't know what they're thinking as a whole, I guess. But, that is what I'm doing. It may be an act of desperation but I'm going to be selfish and say I'm happy as hell they are that desperate.
3 comments:
I don't know much about it, but considering I payed very little in taxes the last few years, I doubt I'll benefit any, if at all.
But nice that you may!
Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't understand how a few hundred bucks a person is going to stimulate the economy. Everyone is going to buy a bunch of junk made in other countries, right?
Woohoo! I'm getting $800! Now the housing crisis is solved!
It really seems like an act of desperation by Congress to me.
I'm sure Jake and I will get money. I think we qualify because we're a couple. If Jake's salary was looked at individually, I don't think he'd get anything. The whole thing makes me feel oddly guilty, because it's not as if we're in need of the money. I feel like it should go more towards people/programs that really need it. I don't need to go and buy more shit. We'll probably just end up saving it, because there is nothing we need. And that is really not going to stimulate anything, you know?
How, how can I be a good American? Ugh...I'm a bad person because I don't know what it is I'm supposed to be buying with the money.
I definitely, definitely need it, and I'll most likely use it to help pay rent whatever month I get it. I don't know what they're thinking as a whole, I guess. But, that is what I'm doing. It may be an act of desperation but I'm going to be selfish and say I'm happy as hell they are that desperate.
Post a Comment