Thursday, January 22, 2009

Internet problems

My radio show starts at 12:30, and the taping is scheduled to start at 12:28. Well, last night at 12:26 the internet went out. I reset the modem - nothing. Then I restarted my computer and it totally freaked out. It looked like it was in safe mode, but it wasn't. Long story short - I didn't get to tape the radio show. But, the internet was back working this morning (guessing it was some kind of Comcast outage). So I'll have 2 to listen to tomorrow. It's funny because my mom called last night upset about her computer. It's hard enough to tell people what to do over the phone, but it's even harder when they don't know what they're talking about. My mom thinks a virus caused her computer to shut off an not turn on again. I was trying to tell her that viruses don't do that and it sounds like a power surge or a problem with electricity, but she doesn't believe me. I tried to find a polite way to ask if everything was plugged in, but whatever. Anyway my computer did an empathy freak out. It's still kind of messed up now, but not too bad. It just needs rest and some cleanup.

4 comments:

Emily said...

It's probably a virus.

Elizabeth said...

My computer? I scanned it and it found a spyware file but no viruses. It seems ok now.

Sarah said...

Maybe it was a 24 hour flu.

Emily said...

My comment was a joke, going back to your mom's insistence on things being caused by viruses. virusi? :)