I feel like there's a lot that I want to write, but I don't feel like writing it. Well, I'll give it a go and we'll see where I end up.
Through Candy's Twitter page I happened upon Paula Poundstone's Twitter page. Here's something she wrote during the inauguration today that made me laugh a lot. "This poet is making me nervous. I wish they'd gotten a limerick guy. 'There was a black guy from Hawaii... To the oil man good-bye-ee'"
Aretha Franklin's hat was ridiculous today.
I'm watching First 48 and they're saying that Black is a common code name in the black community. I wonder what my nickname would be if I had one. Pasty comes to mind if we're going by appearances. This also reminds me of something I want to talk about when I get done with Eat Pray Love. I hope I don't forget. Here's another guy named Zo (short for Lorenzo). Original - I like it. But it's more like a nickname instead of a code name.
My teacher is on facebook and I became friends with her today. What do I do? I feel sort of obligated to say something to her, but I don't know what to say. What a weird situation. Plus, it's not really like I can just jot something down, because it takes me a minute to write in Icelandic. I guess maybe I'll say it's good to see you and nice picture, or something.
Today I decided on a topic for my memoirs that I always write in my head. Relief out of pop culture. I was thinking at some point today how I am just obsessed with pop culture and I really base my whole life around it. It was never more apparent than in my group today.
Today it was just me and the two much older people (who both said today they are in their 60s). I am slightly warming up to the guy, but the woman is so drastically different. For one thing, she is not depressed at all. She suffers from anxiety, so she says, but really I am not sure it's anything. The guy is depressed, which is why I feel like I have more in common with him. The woman reminds me of my grandma, especially because some of her views on religion and politics seeped out today. She is very church-going and very Republican. I couldn't believe that she actually started talking about politics during two of our groups. She went the whole route of "There are terrorist cells in America. We're actually renting houses to them!" She expected us to go "Yeah, I know!" I won't get into that now.
Side note. My mom sent me an email earlier today and I didn't reply because I was running around. She just sent one again just now that was all frantic. She thought something was wrong. She is so weird sometimes. She could have just called. I think her mind runs away from her sometimes.
Anyway the groups were really awkward today. I am so ready to be done, I think. But one positive is the ridiculous nurse is done. I had forgotten she was just filling in for someone.
Oh! At therapy on Sat. I was talking about this issue about how I'm so much younger than anyone. Sheena said "Why do you think that is?" I said kind of jokingly "Because I'm so incredibly mature!" She said seriously "Yes." And then she said she knew as a fact that that was the reason I wasn't put into the younger groups, because there are some. That made me feel pretty good. I mean, considering I was able to still keep my job as well as actually work there was a big thing in and of itself. I still have yet to meet anyone who has a job or isn't on leave. I didn't really see it as a choice, though.
Anyway I have been feeling really good in the past couple of weeks. I think it's a good time for me to stop the program and get back into full time work. Full time work will be far more of a challenge.
I think that's all I wanted to say. Goodbye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment