Tuesday, February 24, 2009

AVC Comment

There is an AVC comment that has been bothering me all day about how my skin in my picture looks like a Simpson. This is because I mentioned that I had a Simpson and said I couldn't get the skin light enough (aka paper white) and right now it just matches my hair. I do admit that my skin looks yellow in the picture, but is it not obvious it's the lighting? Or does it really look like my skin color? It seems to me that it would be ridiculous to think my skin was that yellow. Below is a link to the picture in question.
 
 
Sincerely,
A person who has thought way too much about this today.
 
P.S. I just realized that I should simply Photoshop the skin on the Simpson. It's not as if it would be in any way difficult. Paint bucket, done. Meanwhile, I should really Photoshop the other picture too. Because on AVC it looks pretty weird all tiny. I should just put another one on there because apparently it's weird to have your actual photo. I think I will use the newly paint-bucketed Simpson.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I wouldn't worry about it, I think your picture looks fine. I think he was just being A Nasty Man on the Internet. :) I also get weirded out when I have a "real" picture of me when everyone else has something "fake."

Sarah said...

The internet is scary. I am still damaged from a mean comment aimed at me from 2003.

Your pic is not weird looking, and I think the yellowish tint is obviously the lighting.

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for the votes of confidence. S, your internet fear can be kind of funny sometimes. However, in this case I agree with you because I have been seriously disturbed by things said to me online before. However, usually on AVC I don't mind it. Not sure why this one bugged me.