P.S. S, did that sound as technical as my other entry about viruses? :)
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Scary internet
Sarah's recent comment reminded me that I wanted to talk about something else scary about the internet. I already told L&M this. It is about my RSS feed. So, as you know, the other day I made an RSS feed. I originally put in 3 test entries but then I noticed that the time was all weird (and still is sort of, but only because it's in PST because that's where the server is - before it was saying May 15, 2009). So after I fixed the time I deleted 2 or 3 entries from my database. Completely deleted them - no record of them exists anymore. Or so I thought...I entered the feed into a few different readers over the past few days and the deleted entries are still there!!! How is this possible?! I'm mystified...Part of me wonders if somehow my computer cached it, but my computer at work didn't cache anything, and it showed all of them. All I can think of is that maybe there is some omnipotent RSS spider that immediately obtains all updates from all feeds everywhere. But that's impossible...even Google takes 6 months to crawl everything. So anyway, the internet is scary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Pretty technical, but nothing to worry about. :)
Post a Comment