Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Coldplay

One of the things I like most about Coldplay is the fact that their lyrics make no sense. I think that that allows people to internalize the songs at a level that other bands can't really achieve. Take my most recent favorite song, for example. It's called "Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground". For one thing, it reminds me of their oldest songs. (A lot of the songs on their new EP remind me of really old songs of theirs). Here are the lyrics of the song, which is really short.

Let me go, boys, let me go
Push my boat from the highest cliff to the sea below
Rocks are waiting, boys, rocks await
Swoop down from the sky and catch me like a bird of prey

Now my feet won't touch the ground
Now my head won't stop
You wait a lifetime to be found
Now my feet won't touch the ground


That doesn't really make sense, but I already personalized it completely and I feel really attached to it. That's really interesting. That happens a lot with their songs. I also really like this one because it's not a love song, which would really bother me. I really love this EP, partially for that reason and partially because I just really like all the songs. There's an instrumental song on it that sounds just like Chopin. Chopin onions. (Ha)

I am so exhausted. I have been working a ton this week and I feel like I have gotten nowhere. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's just that what I'm working on is time-consuming. I had great intentions of doing laundry tonight, but instead I came home and fell asleep. Great job, self. Now everything is left for tomorrow, when I HAVE to do it. I hope they don't ask me to do the code push, because that would probably take me all night since I haven't done one to production before.

You all will be happy to know I've been practicing assertiveness and I did a couple things today to further that goal. And it went fine. Well, off to sort laundry for tomorrow.

P.S. I just realized I forgot to talk about Katy Perry and Chelsea Handler. It was fine.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I just found out Coldplay is going to be at Alpine Valley this summer. I enjoyed seeing them there.