I am about ready to start crying. I got a call this morning which I will explain. Thank goodness I don't have to do hotline for the rest of the week...today someone took over for me so I could finish other stuff, and this was my last day of the rotation.
Anyway this woman called from customer service saying and agent's saved projects had disappeared. Projects get saved every time you start one. They get deleted from "Saved Projects" when you add to the cart. So I asked if she had added to the cart. She hadn't. I guess the customer service person had been in there and the projects had disappeared while she was doing something. I personally think she's worried that she did it. Anyway, it became this whole convoluted mess that has lasted all day so far. I asked about 10 people what to do. I had to call back the customer service woman a whole bunch of times to get more information. Every person around here said something different until finally we decided that the agent was basically lying. The customer service person kept emailing me and saying the agent was irate and accusing us of "corrupting her entire computer." That's when I was about crying. I was like, I have no clue whatsoever about any of this, and I have absolutely no idea of what to do. Everyone was telling me there's nothing we can do, yet she's trying to get me to do something. Finally my boss just emailed her back and she was like "Thanks!" What the hell???????? I personally think that it was kind of rude to do that. My boss says that she just needed to hear it from someone higher up. Well, it's like a double standard...rail on the lower down people but don't accept what they give as a resolution. It was really hard on me. I guess it's not uncommon to have this type of situation, though.

No comments:
Post a Comment