Tuesday, February 28, 2006

ever feel like curling up into a ball and dying?

i feel like that right now. the times have passed where i could be up until 2 and feel ok. the stupid part is that i got up at 9:30, so really, i had almost 8 hours of sleep. but i feel terrible!!! i really am pathetic.
 
i got giant commendations yesterday and today. both days i had to do "Hey, Trouble"'s work because he was out sick. So that doubled my load already. Yesterday I had to finish two big projects that I suddenly found out were due yesterday. Then, today I had to finish two more projects, one that was due ASAP and one that was due tomorrow. On top of that, I have an old project of his and multiple old ones of mine, and a standing project that was supposed to be done today which in no way will be.
 
Anyway I overheard my manager talking to the Project Manager that I work with pretty often and they were saying that I was doing a really good job and they felt bad that I had to do Pat's stuff along with mine, even though I was handling it well.
 
Then today after I finished my next two things I emailed two people, one of who is this notoriously difficult woman who i have mentioned before. I generally get along ok with her because it's hard to get me really upset. She has gotten me upset a couple of times, but it didn't last long. Anyway, she wrote an email to our boss, the director of IT (the main boss!) and said this:
 
I have to tell you how great Elizabeth is.  I am always impressed when I she works on my accounts like Coldwell Banker.  She is very thorough, goes above and beyond, and just does a spectacular job!  And always very helpful!
 
Hehehehe!!! Yay! And then our boss/director wrote to me: "Great job Elizabeth!" Yay! A nice word from a really difficult person! Besides that, the project manager has been heaping on praises and saying I'm so great for dealing with her freaking out all the time, to which I say that I'm pretty laid back.
 
It's so funny. I feel as if I'm doing a pretty normal job, it's not like I'm busting my ass or anything. I meet deadlines, I am being myself, I try to do things well, and I am generally friendly. Which I think should be normal. But people recently have been freaking out like nobody is ever this friendly or diligent at work. It's weird.

1 comment:

Emily said...

dude, you should get a raise. :)