weirdly enough, i just found out that saves the day released a new album two weeks ago, which i bought yesterday, and listened to, and it is painfully good...very like "stay what you are" and very, very saves-the-day-ish. it's so weird when bands have trademark chord progressions, or harmonies, or something. it is nice to have something new by them, because as i said a few days ago, the spark had left. someday i'll post a few lyrics in here and you will really see what makes them different from others.
ok, so on to my subject line. in the past few weeks my mental state has sort of been spiraling out of control. this ended in a really bad incident yesterday which i don't really want to talk about. thank fucking god i am on the highest possible dosage of my medication...that's all i'll say there.
i decided that i need to begin to discipline what enters and exits my mind. so, firstly i am going to stop writing in my blog, because it has been really destructive for me lately. i probably will only hold of for like a week (because i know you all love reading this so much - ha, ha). secondly, i am ONLY listening to sigur ros, indefinitely. too bad for my new saves the day album, but you will need to wait. actually, i started this yesterday, and incidentally i went shopping and in the store on popped a death cab song (lack of color). i was like, "god, why did you do this to me?" thirdly, i am limiting my internet time, which will be difficult since i spend 40 hours a week on the internet. but i actually mean free time. so i am going to update my website today, and after that it will be checking news and email.
hopefully that stuff will allow me to be able to focus on other things, such as books, or even stargate or something. anyone remember (i guess maybe only emily knew me at the time) one time when i only allowed myself to watch x-files and no other television? how about when i ate kosher? haha. i apologize to all for how i acted during that one. well, it's similar to those except for different reasons. hopefully i can return to a healthy blog-writing state, and also a healthy music listening state, and a healthier total state. see y'all on the flip side.

1 comment:
I totally know what you mean about needing to get off the internet. Sometimes I can't force myself to do it, though. I depress myself when I think about the huge amounts of time I waste doing nothing online. I know for sure that I'm going to be computer-free this weekend, though. I'm going to Madison to see Jake and I'm making myself leave my computer behind. 2 or 3 days with no computer...maybe later I can build up to longer...
Post a Comment