I just rec'd a package today - my pre-ordered Bright Eyes album!!! It actually comes out in a week and a half. Here is why I love Saddle Creek.
- They send out preorders 2 weeks early.
- They sent 3 Bright Eyes stickers
- Included in a pre-ordered B.E. album was a tiny, adorable B.E. single (A 3-inch CD complete with its own jacket). Hee Hee!
- Every time I've ordered from them I've gotten a handwritten note saying thanks. That is so nice.
- The album already is incredibly cool. It is all jumbly on the front and inside there's a decoder which you use to view the pictures. That is so cool. And, it has the most beautiful booklet.
Oppositely, I am waiting for a certain thing I ordered on March 16 which hasn't arrived. Very unprofessional of this company. >:(

1 comment:
The vinyl print of the first Godspeed You Black Emperor! album came with an envelope containing handmade artwork and a (Canadian) penny that had been flattened by a train. Beat that for small-time DIY stuff! HOOAH!
Although they probably sell far fewer copies of a vinyl print of an album by a band nobody's heard of than whatever Bright Eyes CD. So that probably requires a lot more effort. Oh well.
Post a Comment