Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Promotion

I got an actual promotion this time (not a faux one) and a raise. WOOHOO. It's a job I'm not sure I want, but after a lot of thinking I came to the realization that I need to move forward in my "career" and try new things. I realized I really hit a wall in the past month or so in my job and I desperately need to do something different. So I'm glad it worked out well.
 
Joel is really unhappy with the situation. His reaction (as well as Peter's) was a big part of my initial hesitancy. He already is pretty hostile towards me since I mentioned it this morning, and it's just going to get worse. But, I decided that I can't let that be the one thing that holds me back.
 
They tell me that this position will really help me excel and is a step up to bigger and better things. I'm not sure I can see that at the moment, but I am hoping they are right.
 
It's not the initial promotion I mentioned in another blog posting. I really wanted that one, but they gave it to the girl that started at the same time as me, Christi. I think that there are several reasons for that, and I am ok with the decision (though I was initially upset). Now that I'm looking back on it, it was the type of thing where these two jobs were created with specific people in mind. Luckily, I was one of those people. I've been in situations before where I was not, and it sucked. So, I am happy they value me.
 
I think it'll turn out ok and will ultimately turn me into a stronger person.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!!

Let's celebrate! Just name the day!

Sarah said...

Rad. Now you can really live that extravagant lifestyle of yours! :)

Candy said...

Yay! Way to go!

Emily said...

you're awesome. i can't wait until i get promoted from substitute to actual teacher. i better not hold my breath, though.

congrats on the promo!

why are those other peeps upset about the sitch?