But one thing that I am going to complain about is people at work razzing me about where I live.
Point 1: Yes, I know I have a short drive. Quit throwing it in my face. Jesus. Literally every single person asked me today "How was your drive today? HA HA HA" because it's bad weather. Well, my drive actually sucked, because the weather was that bad. Plus, whatever, just leave me alone. It gets old. Joel is the worst. It's like I'm not allowed to participate in discussions about traffic because I don't have to drive in traffic during my daily commute to work. Every time a traffic concern arises in office conversation, Joel goes "you wouldn't know" etc etc etc. Ok...
Point 2: Lately, when I mention where I live, people go, "Wow, I'd live there, but it's too expensive." Ugh. We all fully know that we make the same wage, so it's like saying "you're wasting money" or something. Yes, it's not my ideal rate to spend for rent (that would be $0), but rent is rent, and I really like my apartment. I fully expect to pay what I pay for it because it's nice. One guy went out of his way to mention all the bad things he'd heard about it.
Relatedly, one time a few people decided to gang up on me because they claim I like to live too nice of a lifestyle. Where the fuck did that come from? No, I don't live in a box. As far as I know, I live a similar lifestyle to others I know. That actually really pissed me off. I'm not Paris Hilton here. I make all my own money and manage all my own bills and everything, and I'm just fine.

2 comments:
Granted, I don't know anything really about the people you live with, but...
It's kind of stupid that they'd criticize your lifestyle because while you may spend more on some things, I'm sure they spend more on others. Like liquor, or something. I don't know.
i meant WORK with. obviously.
Post a Comment