So, for the past like 6 months or something I've been working on a proprietary software for my own website, for me, just to make everything much easier to manage. It is very like what we use at work, but infinitely more simple.
Today I finally got it to a place where I felt like I could push it into production. I am SO proud!!! Here is the "press release" I put on my site.
As promised, I would like to introduce the beta version of my new software. The working title is ColdTour. That's just what I thought of.
Today I released ColdTour version 0.9, a beta version. Things will seem basically the same for end users, but it's a million times better on the development end.
This release only includes review submissions. The most important functionality I have implemented is a 2 business day turnaround for review postings.
One thing I have removed for the time being is email notification. If you want to be notified when your review is posted, please contact me.
I hope this will be a great step forward for this site.
Today I released ColdTour version 0.9, a beta version. Things will seem basically the same for end users, but it's a million times better on the development end.
This release only includes review submissions. The most important functionality I have implemented is a 2 business day turnaround for review postings.
One thing I have removed for the time being is email notification. If you want to be notified when your review is posted, please contact me.
I hope this will be a great step forward for this site.
I also thought of some other ideas for the site that are really going to get me out of my rut. I am really happy. And I can't believe I was finally able to complete this giant thing, and give it a name (albeit kind of dumb), and a version, and everything. Yay!!! Mostly I'm just really relieved it's going well, because I feel it will continue to be a very good thing for my personal portfolio, and even just to keep my brain working hard.

2 comments:
You should call it cold season. :)
Congrats...you're such an inventor...maybe you'll make it into the Wisconsin Alumni magazine!
I don't understand what you did, but that means you should be even more proud of your accomplishment. Lizzy smart. Emmy dumb.
Post a Comment