That movie just changed my life. That was so weird and unexpected.
A funny side note is that Dagur Kari Petursson (who is the director of the film "Noi") was featured in this documentary as a musician. He is in a band which was playing with Mum at one point, if I remember correctly. You might have laughed if you saw me at that part - I yelled "Dagur Kari!!!" Now if that isn't an extremely odd thing to first of all know and second of all get excited about, I don't know what is. That dude's cool though, and I love his name and like to say it.
Also, this other guy who's worked with sigurros before (Hilmar Orn Hilmarsson) was titled "Head Pagan Of Iceland" in the movie - I did not know that title/office existed. I thought he was just a guy who sang. I wonder if they have a national pagan religion or something? They converted to Christianity in the year 1000. (Easy date to remember) Maybe they kept both? The previous guy who held that title/office was also in the movie (he died). It occurred to me that a lot of people in Iceland must have exactly the same name.
Sorry for the non-use of accents and umlauts (don't wanna deal with it). More later!
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i'm glad you're so into this movie. i watched part of "elf" today, and it had a similar effect on me. man, it was out of this world. :)
what is written under st. paul's cathedral?
it says "i am english, just so you know" - it's after this movie with rosie perez called "i am puerto rican, just so you know". i doubt it's completely correct icelandic (the second part - i know the first part's fine), but i think it generally says the same thing. i just don't think they have that particular phrase.
I found it very difficult to read this entry what with the lack of accents and umlauts. Please try harder next time, and try to put a little effort and care into your writing.
Geez.
;)
Post a Comment