My dorky Christmas tradition (since 2005) is baking 70,000 cookies and decorating them, and it takes me a few weeks. This time I didn't make quite as many as I did last year. Last year I think I worked for probably a month. I only made a few gingerbread ones this time because they didn't turn out that well. (Even though Sarah told me today those were the best thing ever and could not be beaten by any food thing - her words!) Thanks, Williams Sonoma, for a good gingerbread recipe that came inside a box of cookie cutters. And thanks, internet, for a good icing recipe which is powdered sugar and an egg white.
This time, however, I used a Martha Stewart recipe using colored dough (again making Sarah proud) which is the first two pictures. They turned out well, I was so proud.
Anyway, here are pictures that I am posting on my blog of some of the cookies that I made. Yes, I realize that I lead a very dumb and pointless life.
P.S. If you see some hair in one of the pictures, don't be alarmed - that's my other Christmas tradition, of always getting something in the way of pictures. It's not actually a Christmas tradition, just a regular tradition. As Joel always says..."YOU KNOW IT!" He made fun of me all day today for not knowing what a "pearl necklace" was. Ok, sorry Joel, I am not aware of this term which is probably some kind of sexual term. I still haven't looked it up. I said "pearl necklace" at our holiday party today, referring to a necklace made of pearls, and he just about choked and fell off his chair. "You didn't just say that at MY table!" Then commenced a making fun of Elizabeth hour and pointing out how apparently innocent I am. I still don't know how everyone thinks that about me. Should I start saying fuck and shit at work or something? Should I be talking about sexual experiences? Does it really bother me that I am seen as innocent? I don't know, the questions were rhetorical. Well, that post turned weird.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









8 comments:
Hahahahahahaha!!! For reference, a "sexual" pearl necklace is...how do I put this delicately? Ok, it's when a man ejaculates on a woman...in the neck/chest area. Making it look like she's wearing a pearl necklace.
Why do I know these things??
And you do make the most awesome gingerbread cookies known to man/woman/animal & plant kingdom. Sarah and I were talking about that as we were making our pathetic gingerbread cookies.
I'm totally jealous of your cookies.
But do YOUR cookies live in a magical forest???? I didn't think so. HA!
Jesus Christ. I guess I should have known that. But you know, I guess there's no reason I should have. I don't really go around reading about sexual innuendos. Is that how you spell that? Anyway, maybe that's why I am so innocent. It could be that other people do read about them. Ok, and I wish he wouldn't have freaked out about it, because I was talking about an ACTUAL piece of jewelry. And, I didn't even say it in a sentence that could technically be construed as sexual. Here is my sentence: "I would choke her with her pearl necklace" - talking about this person I know who wears them a lot. If we're talking about the innuendo, it's not really technically possible to choke someone with that, unless you turn it into something completely different, where it's not that term anymore. Get my drift? Oh well, I am going to watch a movie now.
Yes, they do. Don't they look at it? That wood table is actually a tree.
OMG LOLOLOL I SAID WOOD THAT'S LIKE AN ERECTION ROTFLMAO
:D :D
I CANT BLIEVE U SAID WOOD!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
That's like the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!!
OMG I SAID THING!!!! THAT'S LIKE PENIS!!!
On a more serious note, yeah, it is stupid that his default 'pearl necklace' is of the semen variety.
You should totally make up a term and be like, "You don't knwo what that means??? Hahaha!!!" Then he'll like, search for it and won't find anything because it's made up.
Or be like, "OH!! THAT kind of pearl necklace. I'm sorry, I got confused because I usually refer to that as 'vitiligo about the neck and chest.'"
Or, "I prefer to think of it as an opal necklace."
Or, "I wouldn't know because I ALWAYS swallow."
I need to stop myself.
After looking at those cookies, I think I need to discreetly invite myself over so that I can eat 83239 of them. They look sooo good. Good job, Elizabeth!
Your cookies are colorful and awesome looking. I'm jealous. I think I'm going to force Jameson into child labor to help me make some cookies while I'm at home. They're not going to be cut-outs though, and they're not going to be colorful. Therefore, mine can't compare to the glory that is Elizabeth's gingerbread recipe.
PS I also had no idea when you mentioned pearl necklace as a sexual term. Now that Emily mentioned it, I think I have heard it before, but who thinks of semen first when someone says pearl necklace? I think you need to play word association with this person. There may be some underlying abnormality there...
This is turning into a popular blog entry. Good idea Emily about making up a new term. I mentioned it to someone else today and they thought it was a good idea but didn't think they could get away with it. I said I wasn't sure if I could. Aha, Candy wasn't sure either! I'm not the only one.....sure you can invite yourself over, Laura, but it'll have to be in the next 1 day since after that I'll be gone, then they'll be gone!
Post a Comment