Has anyone noticed they finally got that domain name? It just shows what a little high profile lawyer power can do. If domain names are registered, they are incredibly hard, if not impossible, to obtain per rules of the internet. It probably didn't hurt that they could offer a bazillion dollars to whoever was giving it up.
I was really worried a few months ago that mine expired (through no real fault of my own) because if it gets locked out you can't get it back for at least two years (so they say). Then it would just be in limbo forevermore. There is a small period of time when someone could buy it in your stead and then you would probably never get it back.
I don't totally understand it. I do know it's a very sticky business, although they do usually give you plenty of warning and leeway if your registration is about to expire, so at least it's fair. You get 60 days or so of warning and then if you don't renew your registration you have at least another 60 or 90 days before it gets locked out.

No comments:
Post a Comment