I was forced to buy American Idol magazine today because Constantine is on the cover.
I am writing about this partially because last weekend Laura was asking me what TV magazines are like, because I got the Stargate yearbook issue, and then proceeded to subscribe to it (that one is 6 issues a year).
The American Idol magazine (at least the issue I got) is like this: an article on Constantine, an article on Carrie Underwood, small bios on the top 40-something contestants, and a scoring sheet for every single show. That's right, every one. There are literally like 20 pages of scoring sheets. It's ridiculous.
There is also a list of all past top 10/12s. I smiled at this, because during one of our recent conversations, Sarah and I spent about half an hour just naming as many American Idol contestants as we could remember. That was funny.
The Stargate magazine, in case anyone else wonders about TV magazines, is very official, as is the AI one. Since it is a yearbook issue, they had a bit more stuff. There is a complete episode guide and interviews from all the cast members. They are actually all very sweet interviews. They made me happy. There is an "Inside The Odyssey" (one of the ships on the show) two-page spread. This is in fact a blueprint drawing with various labels here and there (not quite "inside" IMO). There is an interview with the stunt coordinator and one of the executive producers.
Conan is funny tonight. 4 days until CP! Good-bye.
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment