Friday, May 12, 2006

Iceland

Last night I had a dream in which I visited Iceland. It was kind of complicated. Here's the deal:
 
Either I dreamed before that I visited Iceland and last night my dream referenced that, or I made up a previous dream of visiting Iceland in my dream. Because in it, I was going to places that I had already visited, and I sort of "knew" in my subcounscious that I had dreamed about these places before (it wasn't just a simple idea that I'd actually visited before--I knew it was a dream). However, I do not know if I actually did dream it before, or if my brain fabricated some deja vu.
 
Anyway, in my "previous" visit I had stayed at a red hotel called the Iceland House Hotel (conveniently titled--in London we stayed at the London House Hotel). :) I also had "previously" visited a train station (because I had taken a train to Iceland from elsewhere in Europe for one night, hehehehe), a government building, and a modern art museum which was very colorful.
 
What else...a girl I knew in childhood lived there, and so did Lucelia. They had kangaroos in Iceland, as well as wild boars who grinned fanatically all the time. Also, it was kind of icy at the museum and people were complaining that other people shouldn't let their kids wear sandals, because they would slip. There was a woman with an unfathomably tiny purple car. She could hardly fit in it. The landscape was extremely pretty and full of lakes. I believe we went to Akureyri.
 
Oh, and I saw "the set of 101 Reykjavik" which was absolutely nothing like anything in the movie. It was apparently just a handy thing for my subconscious to bring up.
 
The whole dream was beautiful. :)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Was 101 Reykjavik good? I saw it yesterday in the library and was contemplating renting it, but got Il Postino instead. Il Postino was good.

Don't you just love dreams??

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»