Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ode to Laura (and Michael)

Laura and Michael are great. They have been doing a lot of stuff with me since I moved here, and it has been making me feel so much better about being here. I neglected to write about some of our adventures, such as the time we went to a comic book store and found Mexican Comic Book Guy, and bought a train game which Michael is now obsessed with. I have been thinking since Laura and I went to SR that she is one of the coolest people I know, and I think she is a kindred spirit. Not many people would go to SR, and Death Cab, and Coldplay, and be interested as well, and understand things that I say about them, and say that Viðrar vel til Loftárasa is the song-ification of love, and be able to even say the song's name. Or the band's name (as we quickly overheard amidst the throngs). And not many people would say that "Check out that lady's decolleté!" is the Eleventh Commandment. And Michael likes trains a lot and puts dots and lines on &COMP (whatever that means). And they are both two of the most enjoyable people to be around. And I just wanted to say that, and thanks for doing crod with me! Did you ever see Noi?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Three cheers for that celebratory comment! Laura (and Michael), I think you are great, too. But my reasons are a bit more shallow than Liz's. Laura, I like how you gave me that little Strokes poster. And Michael, I like how you got a piece of bread on your car that one time. Seriously, though, you both rule my kingdom.