Wednesday, May 31, 2006

work stuff

so here are a few things that happened lately at work.
 
- today i was really stressed out. there is a project that is supposed to go live tomorrow and the person in charge of it has been giving me HELL about it. i found out today at around 3 o'clock that 2/3 of it had been done completely wrong. i was so angry, because it was one of the most challenging projects i have ever done. i was so angry and felt so bad that i just started crying. it was really weird. two people were around me and they were sort of shocked but trying to make me feel better. i felt really stupid. shortly before that, i was telling dan about how much i hated this project and he was like "i bet mine is worse. want to trade?" we say that about every day. well, after my episode, he said to me, "elizabeth, i don't want to trade anymore." ha, thanks. anyway, it was weird. i am not sure what it says about me. i doubt too many people have cried at work. however, this guy was really being hard on me. i severely dislike him. and i was getting a million directions from a million people, and they turned out to be different. who would have known? i felt like it was my fault, but i don't think it was.
 
- dan and i had a conversation about pets today, because i was telling him about how i didn't get a cat. i also told him about how ringo snores extremely loudly. he told me about his brother's cat and how "it might be satan." then he wanted to look up what different cats looked like and he typed in "attacking cat" in google images. that was funny. even funnier, a picture of dustin hoffman came up, and we couldn't figure out why.
 
- we also talked about funny ways to die.
 
- when dan got into a car accident last week, he said, "I don't know, it's supposed to change your outlook on life and all that? Nope. Made me a little thirsty, though."
 
- This annoying woman at work was talking on the phone to someone and she got really upset. She was talking about someone else, I gathered that. She said into the phone, "For God's flippin' sake! He's insane!" or something. Then she went, "Oh, sorry! sorry! sorry!" And apologized like 9254 times. Wow, I didn't know people were so sensitive...
 
- The other day our network went down for the 50th time this week. The phone started ringing and we all just started laughing our asses off. Hotline is funny sometimes, esp. times like that.
 
- Someone we work with (who we all dislike) was trying to test something that involved uploading an image. She is notorious for not knowing anything about computers. Well, she was like, "I can't get this picture uploaded!" Pat finally found out that she was trying to upload a Word doc!! HAHA! Dan goes, "I'm surprised she didn't try to upload Yahoo Messenger!" That was hysterical.
 
- Dan gets frustrated a lot, and yesterday his choice saying for frustration was, "If you hear something that sounds like a guy breaking his own neck, that will be me."
 
- Someone called the hotline today complaining that they can't fit all of their text in. Idiots...if there is a text area that stops letting you type, wouldn't you assume that there is a limit to how much you can type? Besides that, there is one of those character count things that shows you how many letters you have left. I couldn't believe it. Dan goes, "Tell them to dumb down the text a little. It's real estate, not the Pulitzer."
 
That's about it.
 
------------------
 
The other day in Madison we (Sarah, Melissa, and I) saw Trina. She was with some friends and immediately started Liz-bashing. Melissa said she heard it, and I could just tell. I've never known someone who has hated me so much for no reason. I felt VERY bad and uncomfortable.
 
I have to find a picture of this horrible statue in Madison. I know Emily will find it hysterical.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm dying to see this statue now! You've got me on tenterhooks! [Is that the most dumb-ass sounding word ever, or what??]

Trina can blow herself. Does she still have the most gigantic ass ever? I just remembered her rainforest screensaver and vomited in my mouth a little. Ok, so that's a lie. No vomiting whatsoever oc(c)urred [I can never remember how to spell that...but seeing as I still have dictionary.com opened due to looking up tenterhooks (does it not seem like it has to be spelled wrong?)...ok, it's officially 2 'c's...mentally take out the parentheses around that second 'c']. Anyway, I hate Trina. A lot.

Candy said...

WTF is Trina's problem? What a catty-ass bitch. Haha, Emily... now I'm having flashbacks of the annoying elephant in her rainforest screensaver.