Dan ate uncooked pork today at lunch and got kind of sick. There was much talk around the people that ate with him that "Man, we told you it was uncooked! Dave said it too! You don't just ignore two guys when they say your pork is uncooked." Etc.
I made this post-it one time that was supposed to be a temporary reference for the order some things had to go in on a page. It was very hastily written. I feel like I've mentioned this post-it before. Anyway, later the same day Dan had the same problem so I got the post-it out of the trash and lent it to him (and had to do much explaining about what it said, and why it was crumpled). Weirdly enough, he kept it (in a prominent place, I might add). Today Seth had the same problem, so borrowed my post-it, which now has a much longer life than I ever expected it would. He couldn't understand it at all so we had this loud over-the-cube-walls conversation about how my post-it was bad, and well, it was only meant for a temporary reference, and Dan did a horrible job explaining the post-it, etc. He still has it up. Tomorrow I'll try to take a picture of it to show how bad it is. Not only was it hastily and badly written, but it's crumpled, even more so than when I gave it to him. It's practically a relic now. :)
Today someone said "yo" to Dan and he returned, "Yo-yo Ma, the greatest cello player who ever lived!" I laughed heartily.
Last night I watched Ghost Hunters and it was probably the best episode I've seen. Lately they've been having crappy ones, where they don't get anything. The very first few episodes they showed was really good, and they got a video of a shadowy thing running along a hallway, and some voices on a tape going "They don't want us here" (that one was friggin' weird and scary). They haven't gotten anything like that since. Since I have spent so much time around Brighton, I maintain that they keep good episodes for sweeps ( i.e. now) and season finales. Once I went on the scifi.com message board for that show and mentioned that and they seemed to have no concept of that kind of thing. It makes a lot of sense to me. Anyway, on the one from last night they were at a lighthouse and each one of them (there were 5 of them) saw the ghost and heard the voice of the ghost and footsteps. They even got a little bit of it on the show's cameras, which never happens. They set up their own cameras and voice recorders and they caught the ghost 2 times on video and one time on audio. It was the creepiest thing I have ever seen in my life. The worst one was this: a camera was positioned at the bottom of a spiral staircase that led up to the top of the lighthouse. There was a motion sensor at the top that turns on a light if it senses something, so you know there were no people up there (which they knew anyway). So the camera is looking straight up. Suddenly you see this head and shoulders peek over the railing at the very top, and move over to the right, and disappear. It is incredible.
Well, that's all for now. I have to quit thinking about that ghost thing because I'm at work completely alone and it's freaking me out.

No comments:
Post a Comment