Today I received my piano from Fedex. It was the heaviest thing I've ever tried to lug somewhere. It was delivered to the office and I called and asked if they could lend me a cart to bring it up, so they did. But it was still heavy. The box was completely open for some reason.
Daniel found a new bed. I love this picture so much. (I would like to note that my apartment was spotless yesterday and now is a mess because of this gigantor thing)
Here is some damage on the piano. I asked the guy if it was from shipping or if it was like that. (It was refurbished). He said he didn't know. I think it was from shipping. And there are my new shoes, too.
The next two pictures are of Daniel reacting to the bird sound on the piano. He ran all over the place trying to find it. Please excuse the 100 blankets on the futon.
I would also like to note that since I don't have any books with me at the moment, I printed out some sheet music of songs I knew I'd played before, and was very pleasantly surprised that I could still play fairly well. I also transcribed part of a Sigur Rós song and that went well too. :)
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I cannot stop laughing at Daniel in the box.
I know! Initially, I didn't think it was that funny, but once I thought more about it and "got into Daniel's head", I also thought is was hilarious.
It's like the shade bed. "Hmm, looks like I can fit inside this...let me try it out..."
"Hmm, this box appears big enough for me to lay in...let me try it out. Plus, it has a roof! Awesome!!"
Funny stuff.
Sucks about the damage on the piano (which looks mighty cool, btw). Was there any sort of shipping insurance or anything?
What are all those little symbols in front of all the keys? Gate symbols? :D It's your version of a DHD! Let me musically play the address to Chulak...
Actually yes, there was insurance. But I was kind of cornered into not doing anything about it. They wouldn't be able to do a claim on it because the guy didn't look at it before he shipped it. Also, it was refurbished. I'm sure the claim would be denied. It sucks. Nancy was like "I'm never buying anything online!"
P.S. I'm not completely sure what those do at the moment, but they are little pictures of instruments. I haven't been able to figure out most of the features.
Whoa! That's a big box. Big boxes can be lots of fun.
When we were kids, my sister and I had these boxes from washers and dryers. They were our playhouses. We had windows cut into them and everything...and I believe a tin can telephone system.
Rock on with the piano, though. Jake and I are talking about looking at houses soon. I have a dream list of things I want in our house in my head. One of those things is my own personal studio. I will have my own space with guitars and such. When I get this studio, you can totally come with your piano and be a guest.
Post a Comment