I had a really odd few days, mostly at work. I don't really want to get in more detail than that, I guess. The only other thing I will say is my boss confuses me.
My kitten is super, super affectionate since going to the vet on Monday, even more than usual. He will not unattach himself from my leg. Last night I was awakened by whiskers on my face because someone was that close to me.
I watched this movie last night called "Funny Games" (the original one). It was really interesting. It's supposed to be a statement about violence in the media, and boy, was it. Crazy. I don't know if I've processed it enough to say more than that.
I also read a book this week called "The Lovely Bones". I had heard a few things about it before I read it and expected it to be extremely upsetting because it's about a girl getting raped and killed at 14. But it was actually not upsetting in that way at all. It was very sad, but it was almost a little too saccharine. Peter Jackson is making a movie out of it (due out in 2009). I feel like the saccharinity of it will be even more noticeable in the movie. I hate to say I wanted it to be a lot darker, but I did. It reminded me of Touched By An Angel, actually, or something like that.
I talked about the book in my class today (it was Icelandic Labor Day yesterday so class got moved) and I was a little reticent because she has two young daughters. But she said it sounded really good and is going to read it. I was proud of myself in class today, words were just flying out of my mouth! I am for sure much farther along in this at this point than I ever was in Spanish. I feel as though I am about halfway fluent, at least in writing. And I mean fluent in the sense of getting by, not scientific writing or anything.
Well, I'm about to clean and watch BSG, which by the way was incredibly boring last week, and prooooooooooooobbbbably work on my website this weekend. I'll plan out tonight what to work on and then I guess work tomorrow and Sunday. I am also on the verge of getting the piano. I'm still very hesitant to get it, but am leaning ever so slightly toward it. I might look online to see if there are deals anywhere.

1 comment:
According to my ESL classes, the more fluent you are in your first language, the easier it is to learn a second. And, after you've learned one new language, I think learning second or third languages becomes easier. Way to go!
Post a Comment