I've been pretty quiet lately, I guess. I've been weirdly busy. For one thing, my class has gotten pretty hard-core in the last two weeks. I've spent a ton of time writing. But they say I've been doing well! I can string together semi-complicated sentences now. Because I want to show off, I'm going to put the questions that I wrote about where I live and where I'm from. We're supposed to give them to the other students next week and then they take them and answer them.
Hvaða borg er tvíburi við St. Paul? What is the twin city with St. Paul?
Hvað heitir fræga áin sem aðskilur borgirnar? What is the famous river that divides the cities?
Hvað heitir staðurinn þar sem Sigur Rós spilaði á konsert árið 2006? What's the name of the place where Sigur Rós played a concert in 2006?
Hvað heitir fræga kirkjan í St. Paul? What's the name of the famous church in St. Paul? (Why did I put that question? That's weird)
Í hvaða ríki er St. Paul? What state is St. Paul in?
Hvað heitir frægi spítalinn í Rochester? What's the name of the famous hospital in Rochester?
Hve margir búa í Rochester? How many people live in Rochester?
Hvað heitir stöðuvatnið sem er frægt fyrir gæsir í Rochester? What's the name of the lake in Rochester that's famous for geese? (again, wtf?)
Anyway, there those are. I don't know why I made them so specific. My teacher talked to me about it later after I wrote them and she said to just write general questions about my country. I was like, the entire country? I swear she said before to make some about the city I live in and some about where I grew up, so I did. Whatever. They seemed to like the questions anyway. Both of my teachers said they were hard sentences and thought I did well. Yay
Then today I was writing some sentences with adjectives and it was really weird. I guess I don't use many adjectives. Especially not for something like a stapler. I picked bad nouns. Oh well.
There was a thing on AV Club about their trip to the All Candy Expo. It was hilarious. You all should read it, especially the part about Sweet Tea Pastel or whatever it's called. They were talking about these things called Crackheads which are chocolate covered espresso beans. Some other people commented about them and said their name fits them. You can only find them online apparently so I bought some for Adam because he drinks a lot of coffee and uses caffeine a lot for study help. If he doesn't like them I'll give them to one of yous alls because I hate anything about coffee and I know at least two of you like chocolate covered espresso beans, except for that one time they made Emily jittery.
I'm POed that Battlestar Galactica isn't on today, but not really, because it's kind of crappy these days. I was also POed that Lost wasn't on last night. But, American Idol sort of made up for it. I thoroughly enjoyed the show, and I was so surprised at my reaction. I should go back and read at my earlier blogs about the show and what I thought about David Cook. I think I kind of liked him, I don't know. I can see being annoyed with him before because of his seeming likeness to Daughtry. But I was pleased with him, of course, overall, because he sang other stuff like Music of the Night extremely well. BLAH BLAH BLAH I'm boring myself right now. Whatever. I like him and I cried at the show, the end. I got over it. I can't afford to be falling in love with everyone who sings some kind of song. He's great though and sure I'll buy his album probably, unless he switches gears and sings with Chad Kroeger or something. Then I'll probably boycott it.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love AV Club? I was reading it last night and realized I have never "been" in a "group" that I fit in with so well. All the hating on stuff and not liking certain things for dubious reasons, such as because someone else liked it first or it's too popular...so me! And yet they still have their guilty pleasures. And it's completely about pop culture. I love it. I only wish there was a different sort of community that was more interactive instead of just comments. But, they're changing it, so we'll see what it turns out to be. Speaking of that, I got the new Death Cab album and it got an A on there so I feel it is acceptable to like it. (Kidding, but only partly). I've pared it down to the songs I feel like listening to and it's down to slightly less than half. I guess that's acceptable. Some albums are pared down to one, so at least it isn't that bad. And honestly, DCFC is one of my favorite bands and they too have one album that has been pared down to zero. So nobody can win all the time.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment