Monday, July 28, 2008
Anger management
Do I need anger management or something? Seriously, I think I sometimes have a problem. Anyway, I'm looking for a new job when I get back from vacation. I really, really hate my job right now. That's not even the half of it. I have gone through many phases in the past few weeks regarding my job. Just now I reached despair and rock bottom. Funny, I have a certain sense of calm now. The eye of the storm, perhaps. I'm officially past the point of trying to change anything here. This place is so messed up. I had a little bit of optimism before and thoughts that maybe with enough hope and work I could make things better. A resounding NO has been forcefully shot back at me into my forehead. For one thing, I asked my boss point blank last week if I could bring up a concern with someone. She said no. What the fuck? Seriously? No? I was basically asking her as a courtesy so she'd know I was going to do it. Whatever. No it is then. Jerks, all of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're one of the last people I would think to need anger management. I guess I think of anger management as being for people who yell and get in people's faces. I don't see you at work, but I don't imagine you doing that...
I think more of the issue might be feeling that your ideas and contributions at work are being listened to and acknowledged. Do you know why you weren't allowed to bring up the concern to the person you mentioned at work? Maybe your boss simply doesn't want conflict to come up between the two of you. Maybe there is another way to address your concern (?), such as making sure your boss mentions it anonymously within the person's performance review. Does your boss also think your concern is a problem? Maybe she could act as a mediator in some way...maybe she is planning to address it and you don't even know it...
and, you know, maybe you just have a shitty boss and need to find a new situation. It's hard to say as an outsider.
Post a Comment