Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ugh

So this morning I noticed Joel was acting weird, and Nancy was still not talking to me. I asked Joel, jokingly, if they had a meeting about not talking to me. To my surprise, he said yes. I was still thinking he was joking but he wasn't. He was like "It wasn't pretty and I am not telling you details. I'm not discussing anything with you anymore." I'm in shock. I have absolutely no idea what I did. He's been gone for the last 5 or so days, too, so I couldn't have said something to him. And now basically everyone in Joel and Nancy's group is giving me the silent treatment. I can't think of anything that has happened or what could have caused this. I guess maybe my boss could have sent an email or something to their boss? But why aren't they telling me what it's about?
 
Anyway I feel like a complete outcast today and I have no idea why.
 
About 4 months ago or so a similar thing happened where my boss said not to talk to the other group. She told me it involved everyone but I asked other people and they had no idea what I was talking about. I think this is a similar thing. For some reason my boss and other managers seem to be singling me out. It sounds really paranoid but that's what's happening. Nobody else is having meetings about how to respond to individual people. Nobody else gets lectures about who to talk to, either. This is like the Twilight Zone or something. I don't get it. My office has THE worst office politics I've ever seen or heard of or can imagine. It's turned into psychological warfare or something.
 
I think tonight I'm going to email both of them and ask if they could at least give me a hint about something. I'm in a weird position right now. I understand they probably are being pressured, but I'm their friend. The least they could do is tell me if I did something or not.
 
This is all utter bullshit. I feel like crap. This is messing with my brain. Hopefully I can talk to casey tonight.

No comments: