That's the word I was looking for last night.
Wow, I had an awesome start to the week. I learned that our company is instituting mandatory vacation for some people in order to cut costs. So guess who's stuck alone at work for the next two weeks? Yo. Then I got yelled at immediately when I got in for some convoluted crap that I don't even really care about anymore. Then I did some work and my boss went around and passed it off as her own. I kind of expect to be fired in about two weeks so don't be surprised if I come back from my own vacation without a job. I'm so over it. I currently could not care any less about my job. After Thursday and Friday (where I got continually lectured to all day) I have built up a heart of steel. I hate my job with a passion...but nobody would ever know. I think I'm too easy to get mad at or an easy scapegoat or something. I was upset on Thursday. Then on Friday I was mad. Today, I just quit caring. The last three days at my job have been ridiculous. I honestly don't think the company is going to last much longer. It's total chaos there. And then they institute mandatory vacation. Whatever. If I get fired, good riddance. I really hate my job. I really, really do. How and why did I stay there so long?
Anyway, I'm also getting a cold and I just popped about 27 pills so I'm going to take a nap before I have to get up in like 5 more hours to go back to my awesome cube and withstand another day of shit from everyone who encounters me. Also, I'll do some work and someone else will say they did it. Then, someone will tell me I have to work on something immediately that I've never seen before, and it needs to be done in 5 minutes. Then when I don't get it done, I'll get in trouble. Then people will come in and complain to me about something. Then I'll get attitude from people. Then I'll get excluded from meetings I need to go to, and emails I need to read. Then the next day someone will yell at me for not having followed directions on the email I didn't get (that actually happened today). Then I'll go talk to Nancy and get a lecture about it. You know what happened last week? I was looking for a spreadsheet on a network drive we have, and I found out by accident that some people had moved all the spreadsheets two months ago and didn't tell us. I was so mad...I told my boss and she told her boss and then it was brought up to the people who did it and they basically said "Tough shit". Whatever. You cost me two hours of my time which could have been saved by CCing me on an email. That's the kind of shit that happens. It's just, people tell their friends information, and you have to be lucky to get information you need to do your fucking job. I hate that place.

1 comment:
Jobs suck. There are a million things that aren't communicated the right way at my job.
I have a phone interview for a different job this afternoon. I'm leaving work for an "appointment" so I can do it. Yeah...the grass is always greener? I hope it goes well, but, I can't get my hopes up too much because it is only a phone interview...
Anyway, I just tell myself that this work can always be temporary and I can always try to move on. Or...that it's likely to be temporary because my work will go down the tubes...either way, it won't be my life forever.
Post a Comment