I'm creating this gigantic spreadsheet that will eventually have 11,400 rows. I've been going through the data (in an XML file) for 3.5 hours now, just sorting it so that it will import into Excel correctly. The reason it's taking so long is just that it takes a long time to go through 11,400 records. At some point I tried doing it in Notepad and it appeared that it would take like 10 minutes...it was taking about 1 second per record, so that wasn't working...I'm now using Word. It goes a lot faster. But I still have to wait an insanely long time. For instance, right now. I hope everyone's happy with this report when it's done.
This is one case where I really have to hand it to Word and Excel. I already enjoyed Excel already, but I hated Word. Well, in Word you can Find/Replace anything your mind can imagine. It's incredible. And in Excel, you can just do anything you can imagine. I am very impressed with Excel, and Word impressed me today with its Find/Replace capability. Ok, did I just repeat myself? I don't know.
The skin beneath my eyes is extremely irritated and red. This morning I put some lotion on it and it burned for approx. 5 minutes.
My mom, in order to fund her trip to TN, borrowed all of my sister's graduation money, a crapload of money from my grandma, my grandpa's credit card, and my uncle's credit card (I think - there were two credit cards involved, at any rate). I cannot believe she took my sister's money. I mean, she makes her pay for everything anyway (she had to buy a lot of the stuff for her own party). And the saddest part is, there is a 90% chance she will never see it again.
With every new day comes a new stupid, sad, and tragic thing my mom finds to do. My brain is so worn out from her that I can't even think of anything to say regarding her most recent hijink. So I will just go back to sorting my data.

1 comment:
It is too bad about your mom taking your sis's money.
I'm glad you found ways to enjoy the benefits of both Word and Excel.
About my blog...I'm working on it...
Post a Comment