Saturday, July 15, 2006

ankle

Last night I fell down some stairs outside and did something to my ankle. It really hurts. I was wondering if any of you have ever had an ankle injury and what it felt like. I almost threw up when it happened, for some reason. I'm really nervous that I broke it, because I do not want to go to the doctor. For one thing, I don't have the slightest clue where to go. And I just don't want to have broken something. It REALLY hurts right now, though. I can move it up and down a little but not side to side at all. It hasn't really swelled that much.
 
The funny thing is that Dan and I were just talking about pain tolerance and breaking body parts, and how I was accident prone so I need to be pretty tolerant for pain. So I guess in the scheme of things it doesn't really hurt that bad (not gall bladder attack bad) but it is a constant dull ache that I would rather not have.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I've never had an ankle injury before, so I'm not sure what to say. If you can't walk, I would go get it checked out. Maybe try icing it?

I hope the pain goes away, I hope you get better!!

Emily said...

I don't know anything about ankle injuries either, but I bt it's not broken. I feel like if it's broken you couldn't move it at all. But again, I don't really know. That's not to say you don't have a really bad sprain or something.

bummer-ona.