When I graduated, I attempted to consolidate my loans because the interest rate was less than 3%. Well, the application was denied. Why? Because:
My contact address was the same as my emergency contact's address.
Where did it say this on the instructions? Nowhere. By the time I got that key piece of information, the deadline had passed. Well, a year has gone by and the interest rates have now changed. To over 7%. I just got my new payment booklet. And wow, was I happy. It's like the feeling you get when you buy books, and again when you sell them back. A feeling of wow, my soul just got sucked out of me.
I feel very cheated by this. None of my loans were ever 7%. The highest one was 5, and most of them were 2-3. I feel like it's enough for me to try to appeal the rejection of my application in some way, but I wouldn't know how to go about doing it. It's so maddening because it's such a gigantic amount of money. I mean, 7% of $28,000 or whatever is a pretty different chunk compared to 3%.
And now, do I try to consolidate again? Is it right that ALL of them changed to 7%? Why didn't ALL of them change to 3% last year? Because they didn't. It's probably some asshole rule that they can't go lower but they can go higher. It's just idiotic that last year I payed based on what the interest was at the time the loan was started. Again, it's probably some asshole rule that you can keep that rate while you're in school or grace period. Fuck you, morons.
The bottom line is: those of you who don't have loans, while you are Jesse Ventura's kindred spirits, are my bitter enemies right now. Well, at least, I don't like you because you don't have to deal with this shit.
Well, I guess I should be happy because the APR on my computer is currently 20%. Maybe I should wonder about that one a little more. I guess that's how they get you on those kinds of purchases.
Monday, July 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"Those of you who don't have loans, while you are Jesse Ventura's kindred spirits, are my bitter enemies right now."
There are people who don't have loans? Real people under 30?
Weird...
Also, you weren't voting age when you guys elected Ventura, right? Because that's still funny to me.
Almost as funny as if PA elected Lynn Swann as governor just because he played for the Steelers.
*sigh*
Vote Rendell!
Post a Comment