Sephora is seriously detrimental to my finances. I went there with no anticipation to buy anything, and walked out with a $40 perfume (the cheapest bottle they had of it), a $20 eyeshadow, and a $25 blush. AAAAHHHHH! But I HAD to!
I am now in love with Nars (www.narscosmetics.com). They have the most gorgeous stuff. I got some eyeshadow that is midnight blue and sparkly, and therefore, will probably use it very infrequently. I wish I had more chances to go out places. I would have bought everything of theirs, but I limited it to eyeshadow and blush (which was also sparkly).
The perfume I got was Flower by Kenzo (www.kenzoparfums.com). I am not one for perfume but, again, I smelled it and was like "MUST BUY!" I love it. And then was like "Shit, it's $60 or something for a regular bottle. So I got the lotion version. I smelled your kind, Laura, and really liked it. It almost smells like a cocktail or something.
Luckily, I did not buy anything else at the mall. (I went to Mall of America, by the way). Primarily my purpose was to get some walking in. I went to this store called Torrid which is apparently like a Lane Bryant of alternative styles. I made up that comparison in my mind. I have lately been wanting to dress more alternatively. I wish I could be a combo between haute couture and goth and emo. But I can just never find the right things. I have ideas in my mind, but where do I wear these ideas? I can't wear my ideas to work. So anyway, this Torrid store was really good for my ideas. They had all kinds of jersey dresses. They had a lot of black stuff, too, which is not quite what I like.
I went to Taco Bell and the cashier guy was inexplicably sullen. It was almost humorous. He didn't say a word to me. I was trying to be nice but he zapped that right out of me...jesus, sorry you're having a shitty day, guy. Guess now I will, too.
I'm seriously disturbed at how people seem to be very busy right now. I don't know if I'm on here way more than usual or if people are out doing stuff in the real world. It's weird. Well, just makes me realize more and more how I have NO SOCIAL LIFE.
I'm probably going to the grocery store tonight. How sad is that? Honestly? It's Saturday night, and I'm probably going to the grocery store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
our big accomplishment for the day was 8 loads of laundry, michael grilling (for the first time!), getting the living room in order, and putting a new rug under the kitchen table. woo. it is presentable for people other than us now! just don't go into the den. and also, about buying things, don't worry - we spent like $350 at Ikea on Tuesday. And we're going back some time soon.
Honestly, you have more of a social life than me. You have to. I've done nothing this weekend except go to the grocery store this afternoon. And I can't get myself to do the things I need to do...because I HATE doing them (planning teacher class, special classes, and summer camp). I HATE teaching English to non-English speakers. HATE IT. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.
Post a Comment