Thursday, December 29, 2005

Arrgh

Wow, I had semi-forgotten how frustrating programming can really be.

On the other hand, thank god for the internet. How did people know what to do without the internet?

Finally I got my first tiny Python page to work. You would not believe how long that thing took. Not to mention resources…1 book and at least 25 websites. I wish that everything would just work on every platform and every file type and encoding. I had to change how my file saved, how it uploaded, put it in a specific directory, put in a file handler on the server, change its permissions, and finally, after all that, something was wrong with the 5 lines of code I copied for a test. #$)*@*$!!!

http://www.easytoplease.net/cgi-bin/test.py

1 comment:

Emily said...

liz, that may be the coolest website i've ever laid eyes on. :)

you know, i really hate it when people don't put commas before names (as in, "hello, world!").