Thursday, December 22, 2005

Python

I'm considering doing my site in Python. The site needs serious revisions and I've been hearing good things about Python. Plus, my server supports it.
 
I would be sad to give up PHP, but from what I can glean right now, Python would be more powerful with the DB. It's more of a hard-core programming language. I have been frustrated for a while with my attempts to manipulate my data. It could be because I haven't tried hard enough. I'm not sure.
 
One thing's for sure. i'm not using blasted ASP. You can't declare a variable inside any function. That killed me when I was working in ASP...you have to do them globally, or you have to declare them all outside of the functions. What is that? The sad thing is that ASP is really wanted/needed in the working world, because people think that it's better because you have to pay for it.
 
The best reason: The programming language is named after Monty Python. Many of the examples in the documentation include Monty Python characters/sketches. That is enough to sell me.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Whoa, the language you used in this email is all Korean to me. Speaking of, I'm typing this response at school on the school computer and all the headings and stuff on this site are in Korean.