Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Fun things that happened today

Today I went to get some Christmas presents. I found this fiber-optic lighthouse for my dad. I then took it home and extracted it from the packaging to see if it worked. Guess what--it didn't. So now I have to return it. I hate that. Good thing I tried it.

While I was shopping I felt like vomiting.

I really don't like gmail that much. It's just too weird. My biggest problem with it is that when I use it at work I have to use the web client, and when I come home I use Outlook. For some reason, Outlook downloads everything in the Inbox as well as everything I sent. Why does it do that? Moreover, it doesn't download certain things from the Inbox; I can't really figure out how it determines which ones to get. And what the hell? Recently, within the last day, they changed "Move to trash" to "Delete." It should have been like that all along.

For some reason I always get really nervous when I have to go to another person to ask them to do something. In my job that happens every day. most of the time I try to worm my way out of it. For instance, we always have to send stuff to testing and usually things have to go through three times. I don't mind doing that at all because it just involves handing a person named Jessica a stack of papers. She is really nice. So sometimes if I have to get someone to do something I just stick it in the testing pile, hoping that someone else will see it and bring it where it needs to go, or at least that I can do it another day. A lot of times I wait until the person in question is done for the day. Then I just set it on his or her chair. Or I email them if I can. I'm such a freakin' pansy. But it's really stressful for me. When I had to make my first work-related phone call, it was to a notoriously mean person. I was so scared. But it went ok. I had to call her like 5 times that day.

Once Tom made fun of me for maybe having a blog. I didn't even say I had one; he just said "Do you have a blog? I bet you do. You totally do. Ha ha ha."


Well, other things I did today: put some washer fluid in the car, wrapped presents. Wandered around a strange building with a co-worker because we thought there was free pizza today. There wasn't. But I must say I'm glad to work in my office because in the one we wandered around in they had half-height cubicle walls and also 4 people shared one space. I would hate that so much. We actually walked straight into a lunch-meeting for some other department. That was embarrassing but sort of funny.

OH. My co-worker Dave brought in his baby today, who is 4 months old. She is cute. I was totally enthralled with her, partly because I just love Dave...he is really cool. He and his new family are what I imagine to be a perfect family.

I saw this show on BBC America the other day called "Peep Show." It was the most hilarious thing ever. I laughed out loud practically the whole time.

No comments: