Just found out that a great deal of people are using my pictures on blogs and myspace profiles and such…’tis using up my bandwidth!!! I pay dearly for that! I may have to do something about this. Thankfully, my new web hosting company is about 80000000% more economical than my last one. I paid $95 per year and get 100GB per month. That’s about $7.90 per month, which includes unlimited DBs. And an upgraded version of phpMyAdmin. I don’t know how I could live without that. It also includes about 8 million tools, including the thing that showed me people are using my pictures. My last place only gave me 1 DB. At my last place I paid $30 for 5GB. I use 7-8 per month, so at that rate it was about $42 per month. I was also tricked into renewing my domain name, which was over $50. At the new place it’s free. Yikes. This new place is stellar. And the old place is ridiculous.
Emily, I want to publicly thank you for your great responses to my emails of late. You are such a good friend and all you said made me feel like someone cared. I, as I always say, will reply soon, but those things take a bunch of time to do and I have to plan my evenings around replying. We’ll see when I do it. Maybe tomorrow.
This Christmas I’d like to thank Lunarpages for their incredible hosting options. I believe they are consistently rated among the top great low-cost providers. I would also like to thank those programmers who came before me, who made phpMyAdmin possible. PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, my FTP client, they’re all free and so many people gave innumerable hours to create these technologies that are free for all.

1 comment:
Ahhh, thanks Liz. I unfortunately don't write as many emails as I would like. Hopefully I'll write more soon when it's winter break. Oh, wait, I still teach all through break. I just want to take the time right now to publicly state that I hate my school. It's actually probably the principal I should be hating. And the entire Korean bureaucratic system which is ridiculously idiotic.
Post a Comment