Saturday, December 17, 2005

Christ

No, I'm not talking about our Lord and Saviour. I'm just using His name in vain because I am annoyed at how long this page took to load. Another thing I'm sort of annoyed at with this blog is that it's not easy to see a) if your friends have updated and b) if you have any comments. I wonder if there is a setting.

I was flabbergasted to find out today that I spent about 8 hours making cookies today. I could have sworn it was only maybe 2. But before I knew it, it was 8 pm. They are really great looking and tasting. I took some pictures, which I'll be able to share with everyone in oh, maybe a month or so. I made some for Laura and Michael the other day and they were strange tasting. I hope they enjoyed them ok. I also was able to further fine-tune my decorating skills and the reindeer no longer look like birds. They actually look quite charming now. It helps that I made some brown frosting.

Yesterday was apparently one of those days where a "thing" happened with my family. That basically means my mom did something shitty to one or more of my other family members, which caused a ripple effect to everyone else. This time it was forcing Meredith to paint some mural with her, which she didn't want to do. Meredith faked being sick because she was afraid that Mom would make her stay with her for an indeterminate amount of time (as has happened countless times before) and Meredith felt bad. Etc. So my dad went to get her and later he sent me an email saying he was mad at Mom and certain reasons why. It must have made him really mad because he's never done that before.

I'm sort of mad at her because she suddenly decided the other day that she wanted to sign the title of the car over to me this weekend. "Gary said this, Gary said that. Gary said I should sign over the title so you have to come on Friday or else." I don't give a shit about him. I wish she would have given me more choice, because we had a huge snowstorm this week (did I mention previously that I have had it up to my eyeballs with brushing off the car? It seriously snowed for at least 4 days straight, I swear). I was nervous about driving and on Friday, when I was supposed to go down there, it started sleeting at night and was 12 degrees and I was like, no way in hell I'm going down to Rochester, after I just almost died a couple of weeks ago on an icy road. So anyway. I stayed here and made cookies for 8 hours.

I was looking forward to this Sci-fi movie that's on right now, but it lost me in the first 5 minutes. It must be either extremely bad or extremely sci-fi-y. Actually, I know I don't like it because every 10 seconds a kid appears with blood gurgling out of his mouth. Wonderful.

1 comment:

Emily said...

there is a setting where you will get emailed whenever someone posts a comment. i don't know about the fried update thing, however. oops, i mean the friend update. :)