When I got home I was all energized and was going to clean, even though it was 1:00. However, I just got a drink and sat down at the computer. Put on Sufjan Stevens and am now just randomly looking at things online.
My website is the most massive piece of work. I can’t even begin to think of the amount of time it’s going to take to get it to where I want it to be. Today I made some scripts that duped some tables in the database. And that’s all I got done. I was going to do more but was wiped out after that.
Comments on recent musical listenings of mine
Sufjan Stevens: He has a perfect voice. That's the only word that I can think of when listening to him. There is no hint of any off-key-ness or any hesitation in any of his singing. It's quite remarkable. Plus, he plays about 50 instruments. Including the oboe I mentioned earlier. That's a hard one, too. As I listen to this album more and more, I realize how incredibly complex and genius it is. I often call Sigur Rós music a huge ball of noise, and that's sort of what this is, except in a different sort of way.
One problem. I am slightly disturbed at how I really love the song about the serial killer John Wayne Gacy, Jr. He raped and killed over 30 boys and buried them under his house. The song is really pretty and I feel bad for liking it so much. I guess I'll go with the one about a girl dying of bone cancer.
SS: "I am pretty cute, no? This here's what a perfect voice emanates from.
Take a good look, folks."
Death Cab: Whilst listening to "Plans" I have been stricken by this song, "Someday You Will Be Loved." Here is a sample of lyrics:
You may feel alone when you're falling asleep
And everytime tears roll down your cheeks
But I know your heart belongs to someone you've yet to meet
Someday you will be loved
You'll be loved you'll be loved like you never have known
The memories of me will seem more like bad dreams
Just a series of blurs like I never occurred
Someday you will be loved
Ok, I'm going to be frank here. I know I have said many and sundry things about Tom, as well as jillions of things about other guys. But the fact is, I loved him dearly and not a day goes by where I don't want to just be around him again. I feel that in some way that song sort of speaks for him, whether he knows it or not.
Their songs are incredible. I frequently wonder how they can actually write and sing those songs. Such as "What Sarah Said" which is all about being in a hospital when someone's dying. The song repeats over and over, "Who's gonna watch you die?" I can't really explain it but when I listen, I feel like I'm getting a taste of the "real world." Like what they're singing about is the meaning of life. I feel a sort of enlightenment. This is why I say they are a good band. They don't just play pretty music. They do something with it. There is just something in there that makes you go, shit, what the hell was that? And then think about it for the rest of the day.

Ben Gibbard: "I am also very cute and so sexy when I play, and my voice is heaven. I am considered an idol and god to the one who writes this blog."

No comments:
Post a Comment