My dad says that he did not forward the mail and Suzanne probably didn't either. Huh. This after she complains and complains about people hacking into her email. Like we're so interested in it. Grrrrr!!!
A funny typo (or string of them) from a work request:
Customer is following the steps to save a act file to save a mailing list. She is not getting a error message. She is able to go threw all the steps but there is not a file saved.
Last night I got this strange feeling that I had to buy the newest Sufjan Stevens album (Illinois). I figured they might have it at Target, and was going there anyway. I went to the spot in which it would be and lo, the copies were gone. I was so mad. Determined, I walked around the CD area for a while until I happened upon a display hidden in the back where there were 2 copies. It was $8.99 and I am now the happy owner of Illinois. I really like it a lot. Sometimes I'm surprised it takes me so long to find these albums that I will obviously like, and also that I have sudden urges to get them.
For those who don't know, it's actually an album completely about folk history of Illinois. He did one previously called Michigan. The CD has an image of the state on it as well as state birds and stuff. Lincoln is on it and the ferris wheel (apparently invented there) and some pictures of the Sears Tower, etc. I wish he'd do MN or WI. :) Anyway, it's very beautiful. It's sort of folk-y and orchestral at the same time. For some reason, I recognized a lot of oboe parts. Not very common. The guy's voice is very smooth and sounds similar to Gary(?) of Snow Patrol. I am not sure where Sufjan Stevens is from but plan to find out. Quite a Scandinavian name, if you ask me. Another funny thing about the album is that some of the song titles are really long. For instance, there is one called something like "An Ode to Mary Todd, who went insane (but for good reason, I might add!)" Also, "One more woo-hoo for those who didn't hear it in Burlington" which is a song that's like 10 seconds long with a "woohoo" in it. :)
I've been enjoying Death Cab recently, also (like I haven't before). It occurred to me today that they are actually a very good band and I feel that I would be hard pressed to find someone who actually dislikes them. Not just a person who is indifferent or hasn't heard them--a person who has heard them and hates them. They have had, what, 6 albums? 5 LPs at least. And no backlash that I know of. I LOVE Ben Gibbard. As Laura has heard me profess probably many times. Literally love him.

No comments:
Post a Comment