A quote from BBC about text messaging:
A professor at University College London set out to condense the words of some of English literature's classic tomes into a few lines of text as a learning aid. And in Australia in October the Bible Society translated all 31,173 verses of the Bible into text-speak in the hope of attracting young people to the holy book.
I think that is dumb. When I hear this I wonder if people actually like text-speak or understand it better than regular speaking. I find it annoying. But then again, I am almost 24. Not the young kid I once was.
I am in a bad mood.
I just noticed that Gmail's embedded ads includes this one saying as follows: "Is your name encoded in the Bible? Discover the answer with CodeFinder." I think my name is pretty much in the Bible, not encoded or anything...must click...I cannot believe I clicked on that. Curses. It is a thing about your name might be crossed with phrases about your future in actual Hebrew, or something...I don't know.
My grandparents are here today and called me last night. "We're going to be at Scott's and it would be nice if you could join us for supper. See you tomorrow." That pisses me off to no end. I am not going. That is all.

No comments:
Post a Comment