Sunday, January 22, 2006

Interesting

Hey Laura, I am so hoping the bands work out as hoped. I'm actually getting pretty excited about the whole idea, even though I was unsure at first. For others: we are thinking of going to California for the Coachella Festival but are not sure yet. We're going to wait until they have a set in stone list of bands.

I started reading this Stephen King book. Perhaps you can follow my thoughts here as I started this book. It's called The Long Walk. Here is the premise. 100 boys of ages 15-18 (or something like that) walk in a "marathon" of sorts. It is supposed to be televised and really popular and people line the streets to watch them, etc. It says in the summary that they get warnings if they walk too slow or stumble or whatever. I believe they don't ever stop. They just walk however long they can. Wouldn't that suck? I can just imagine after rain how your legs and feet would start chafing and getting sores. Well, if they get three warnings they get a ticket. Fine enough, right? Get this. I'm reading along and the first kid gets three warnings. They're in the middle of a town with people watching from the side. So he gets three warnings and what do they do? Blow his head off with four machine guns. WHAAAAAAT??!?!! So when you get three warnings they shoot you in the head. And all the kids knew this before they went in. What the f-ing hell?!?! I'm telling you. Stephen King...he just crosses this weird line every time. I can get the story, everything's going well, and then he inserts this bizarre weird-ass plot thing that blows everything suddenly out of proportion. Yet, I continue to read. P.S. Can you imagine watching a marathon and then some kid gets his head blown off right in front of you? I don't really get the meaning of it, but perhaps I will find out.

Hehe, on Stargate the other day there were a bunch of "alternate" SG-1s running around (coming from different realities) and Col. Mitchell referred to one of them as "Bizarro SG-1." Ha. Oh, how it reminds me of when I made a joke about "Bizarro DCG" to Tom and he laughed for a full 5 minutes. I really miss Tom.

I don't want to go to bed or work tomorrow. I really, really need to work on my website. Badly. I have slacked for so long. All I need to do is get current on the behind stuff and I'll worry about the rest later. Ha, all I need to do. That itself will take a couple of days. :(! Maybe if I write about it in here I'll do it. Ok: tomorrow night after work I'll do it (wahhhh!!! no!!!) Ok, I'll do it. Jesus, Jesse Ventura looks weird these days. Back to the weirdest book ever.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yeah, Stephen King is indeed bizarre. I never read the book, but I had one of those "What the fuck is happening???" moments when I watched 'Dreamcatcher.'

So who do you know/think will be playing at this Coachella Festival? I tried looking it up, but the only group I could see that would be there was Depeche Mode. Which is pretty awesome, I have to say, but I severely doubt they would be you and Laura's main draw. Although I do see that some pretty neat-o bands have played there in the past.

I was going to say, "Hey, maybe you can hop by and see Joleen while you're in CA!" but then I saw that Indio was pretty far from Napa. Oh well.

Hey, guess what!?! I get to pick up Joleen at the Seoul airport tomorrow!!! And when I say pick up, I mean take a bus there, meet her there, then take a bus back. Haha. Joleen will have been traveling for over 24 hours by the time she gets to my apartment. Not fun. Her flight alone is like 16-17 hours nonstop. Ew...mine was 14 and it was horrid.